Maintenance Technician – Job Description
Maintain the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of various properties under the direction of the Facility Manager.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO INCLUDE (but not limited to):
Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
Complete make-ready process of vacant spaces as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Work within expense limits established.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Schedule and complete the “Preventative Maintenance Program”.
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Facility Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Responsible for alerting the Facility Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor/facility manager as determined
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow, employees.
- Wear and keep presentable all clothing as supplied while working.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, Provincial and Federal guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
- This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
- Use of specialized equipment